Wednesday 24 July 2013

Truly Stylish Tapas Tasting

I flew off to Espagna with a huge spring in my step in the knowledge that there was an abundance of work to be done following cuvcuv's Big News!

Luckily, it was far too hot to do anything but sit at my computer in the afternoons in the muggy city of Valladolid yet relished the thought of taking a stroll down the river when tasks were accomplished to reward ourselves with a couple of tapas and a vino rosado.

I've been frequenting Valladolid since my sister moved there six years ago and I still can not believe how cheap it is for the most delicious food! from 1 euro to 4 euros for haute cuisine and you are literally in shock when its time to pay........!!! 

sliced gherkins filled with tuna topped with roasted pepper & an olive

lemon stuffed olives with pickled anchovies
chopped pepper & onion filled mussels

Russian salad on a big 'prawn' cracker!

oops! all 5 varieties of croquetas scoffed! langoustine, black pudding, goats cheese, jamon & chorizo  

the biggest freshest perfectly cooked squid rings

incredibly tasty seafood salad & tortilla
  
octopus, guerkin, sweet peppers & olives
vino rosado perfecto 

chipies - lightly deep fried squid n a hot chilli oil - to die for!

My sister lives in a great Spanish city where 'fashion tapas' is all the rage! There are two bars that I love to frequent  that serve up the most exquisite tiny plate food for very little dinero!

fashion tapas!
amazing shredded fish 'Angulas' translated as eels in Spanish but they're not actually!!

octopus

veal in a sweet sauce wrapped in courgette - unbelievable!

can you believe this is savoury?!!

I loved totting up how much the bill would have come to in London.......and I'm not kidding when I say sometimes it was ten times as much!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment